The Sony PS4 gaming console is immensely popular among gamers around the world. You can get a lot of unique exclusive content on the platform. It is an excellent platform for users to try out these days. Many titles require you to invest in a great internet connection. The router plays an essential part in deciding the network strength.
It is a good idea to invest in a good router for your ISP for incredible speeds. Wireless connectivity is decisive using this platform. In this guide, we will help you find the best options available online.
Best PS4 Routers Buying Guide:
There are a few factors to consider before making a purchase. The PS4 has very tenacious network requirements. It is crucial to make sure you take a look at the checklist. These basic options will keep your internet popping. Here are all the nitty-gritty details that you should keep in mind.
1. WiFi bands
Many router manufacturers come with dual-band options. These dual-band routers run on two different frequencies. A WiFi router of this type supports 5GHz and 2.4Ghz bands. It is important to note that the PS4 doesn’t support the 5GHz range. You should not invest in a router that runs only on a 5GHz setting. It is vital to have a 2.4 option as well. You will have to use the wired internet option if you have a high-frequency single band device. Many routers support tri-band features as well.
2. Traffic Management
Some router devices come with software benefits. These enable you to manage the internet traffic on your router. It is a great help for people who get into their zone while gaming. Lag is a compromise that not everyone can afford in an intense online match. We recommend that you try the traffic management features to get the best results. You can allot a specific bandwidth to your PS4. It also helps to ensure that other devices do not eat up your speeds.
3. Ethernet options
It is a great idea to invest in a router that comes with ample ethernet ports. These are great for high-speed transmissions. A wired connection gives you the best internet speeds. Users can receive exceptional bandwidth and low ping. In online matches, it is crucial to have an optimizable internet connection. Users get access to port options as well. We hope this guide helps you make the right decision. Now you can invest in a great router that handles all of your PS4 gaming needs.
List Of Best Gaming Router for PS4 – Buying Guide
In this section, we will take a look at our top 5 PS4 router picks. The process of selecting these became easy with the help of the guide. The best router is the most formidable option to pick in this list. It is a best seller in the field. You can get overall great results around the house. It is not limited to PS4 gaming needs.
1. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
TP-Link is a big name brand in the router industry. They have been in the business for quite some time. The smart WiFi offering from the brand is a must-buy for people on a budget. It is one of the recognizable names whenever people want to get a router. It offers excellent features at an affordable price point. You can technically connect up to 50 devices at once with this option. They are known to provide excellent customer satisfaction to all users.
- It comes with 2500 sq ft wide coverage making it perfect for a great apartment.
- The dual-band feature makes it the ideal choice for connecting to the PS4 with 450mbps speeds on 2.4Ghz.
- There are three external antennas for the best rates and data transfers.
- TP-Link provides users with an app to manage their network connections over the smartphone.
- It comes with 4 gigabit LAN ports as well, which act as a tremendous wired gaming router.
Some people don’t like to compromise at any cost. The premium option is suitable for those who want to make a significant investment. The router here will outperform any other.
2. ASUS RT-AC5300 AC5300
ASUS is a great manufacturer for computing and networking devices. Their ROG devices are top of the line. You are going to get the best performance through this machine. The device looks insane and delivers the best possible speeds. It is a match made in heaven for gamers around the world. Their quality is unmatched, and we love this device. Get blazing fast speeds for the online battles you love. It is a tri-band router with eight antennas.
- QoS technology lets you find the best balance between managing different networking options.
- You can get low latency and ping while playing online matches.
- The MU-MIMO technology ensures you don’t lose out on speed with multiple device connections.
- Supports 5334 Mbps speeds so that everyone can get ample bandwidth.
- It comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which give you blazing fast speeds. It can act as a digital home hub for all connections.
- The device gives you the perfect coverage in substantial homes.
The device will get you going with any kind of work and in any environment. It is the perfect home router that also supports the PS4.
1. Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band
Linksys offers one of the best networking solutions in the market. Their routers compete with big-name brands in the business. The EA7500 is perfect for homes that stream a lot of content. Everyone wants to be online at the same time. The PS4 router will also work well as an entertainment provider.
- It offers 1500+ sq feet coverage, which covers an average apartment.
- The setup process is very straightforward and finishes within a few steps.
- Dual-band wireless connectivity for all devices.
- The device comes with gigabit ethernet and USB 3.0 for wired fast connectivity.
Many people have a limited budget. The option which we cover here gets the job done without breaking the bank.
1. NETGEAR WiFi Router (R6080)
Netgear offers a premium as well as sensible routers to users. The PS4 is a family-centric gaming device. You can get a lot of other stuff done as well on the console. Users can stream their favorite shows and play the best games. The Netgear device helps you find the perfect inexpensive balance for your needs. It is the ideal fit for a casual gamer who chimes every day or two on their gaming machine.
- The Netgear router provides users with dual-band connectivity, effectively supporting 1000mbps.
- It can connect with up to 15 devices at once, but we recommend only 3-4.
- You get access to four different fast ethernet access ports at the back of the router.
- The nighthawk Netgear app support is quite welcome by many users.
- It is a secure router with WPA2 standard protocols.
Overall it is a great buy; there’s not much to say about this great match.
2. TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000
It is yet another router from TP-Link in this list. They are known to make many devices at different price points. The midrange router is perfect for the more severe gamer and multi-tasker. We all have love to share the internet with our near and dear ones. Today all the family members are using the services in one way or another. The TP-Link router helps distribute the load entirely.
- It is a WiFi 6 router that offers up to three times more speed and efficiency.
- The device comes with four unique antennas spread evenly to give you the maximum range.
- The dual-band features ensure that you can get up to 2402mbps speeds.
- It promises you up to a 75% reduction in lag while gaming.
- The setup process is easy, as usual, with any other TP-Link device.
So these were our top picks for the best PS4 router. I hope the guide helps to clarify your doubts and narrow down the options. We have also given the amazon links here for your convenience. Make the purchase today, and get gaming. Let us know which ones you choose.